Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

     So when most people hear happy St. Patrick Day they think of shamrocks, leprechauns, and green. Well, when I heard St. Patrick's Day I though of cookies.   Now I know that has nothing to do with St. Patrick's Day but I thought maybe I should make shamrock cookies for my class.  I did this because I thought my class would like a treat.  So on 15 March I made 54 shamrock cookies and brought them to class the next day. Turns out they LOVED them.  Some people asked if I would put the recipe on my blog.  So without further ado here is the recipe:


SPRITZ COOKIES (You need a cookie press to make the cookies)

1 1/2 cup (3 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 (14 ounces) cup all-purpose flour
colored sugar or sprinkles (optional)

1.     Preheat oven 200∘C . Beat  butter on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.  Add sugar, egg, and vanilla; beat well.  Add flour, 1 cup at a time; mix well. Dough will be soft; do not refrigerate.

2.    Using a medium sized spoon, fill a cookie press - fitted with disk of your choice - with dough.  Press dough onto flat baking stone or wax paper covered cookie sheet, 1 inch apart.  Decorate cookie with sugar or sprinkles, if you want.

3.    Bake 10-12 minutes or until firm but not brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking stone or cookie sheet; remove to nonstick cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment